Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 55g Cichlid tank for 5 years now. I havent bought any new fish in years. After a couple of moves out of state and back I am now giving my tank the care it needs. My stock list is way down now.

Anyways this is my current stock:
Labidochromis caeruleus 3 in (yellow lab)
Pseudotropheus sp Msuli 3.5 in (Acei)
Pseudotropheus callainos 3in. and 4.5 in (Cobalt blue)
Melanochromis johanni 3.5 in
Catfish
bristleose

My question is I am ready to restock but not sure the best way to do it. Should just add the same size fish which is tricky or give to lfs and start over. I am attached to these but would like alot more fish. I have thought about completely starting over.

Thought? :-?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am thinking of added more labs but would like to try something new? I hear peacocks and labs can work? Searched a ton but it just seems like everyone says something different. I like Aulonocara's too?

·
Super Moderator
40,516 Posts
How many of each do you have and what gender?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking of ordering from bluegrass aquatics and get 6 more yellow labs, 6 more acei's but im stumped on the last breed. I like Aulonocara's but there not compatible with the acei's. I'm going by the compatability chart.

Any suggestions?? I can remove some if needed.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Stilln22 said:
I am thinking of ordering from bluegrass aquatics and get 6 more yellow labs, 6 more acei's but im stumped on the last breed. I like Aulonocara's but there not compatible with the acei's. I'm going by the compatability chart.

Any suggestions?? I can remove some if needed.
The acei should be fine with many of the Aulonocara. Which one were you looking for?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Either the "german red" or the "Eureka Red" Should I get 6 of one of these to to keep aggression down?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Peacocks are pretty peaceful, so they wouldn't need 6. I would say 4 with one male and 3 females, but 1 male with 5 females is safer. Yellow Labs and Acei are probably the only 2 mbuna someone should keep with peacocks, so those are the only 2 I would keep.

You could try for an all male tank, but I'm not sure how your fish would take to new males...most likely not to kindly. If you are interested in an all male tank, take a look here.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/a ... malawi.php

Good thing your getting back into your fish! I'm sure they will thank you =D> =D> =D>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts