1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He is about 4" now

He is getting big and so is his kok.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they are hybrids but you still gotta love the Flowerhorns. Masters of bling. 8)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Lookin good!! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks heylady....maybe you'll post some new pics of your beauty? Please

Thanks artemis1 He is one of my favorites. He has a lot of personality. I give him the real tiny little earthworm when I find them. If I hold the worm up to the glass he does this dance begging for the worm.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
As much as I don't like the idea of creating hybrids...

Beautiful fish like this one help me understand why so many people don't mind...

Gorgeous fish...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Toby-H as I said before you gotta love a Flowerhorn :D

Thanks gage I'm going to keep working on his his hump. He is a little pig he LOVES to eat.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
just give him a variety of foods, the best will come out for you that way. i personally feed a mix of NLS, Chingmix, and Bloodworms, with krill once a week or so.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He gets a good variety of foods. He's easy to feed, he eats just about everything I give him. Krill is one thing he doesn't seem to like but he does like sun dried baby shrimp and fresh shrimp.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Looks great lil mama. He is stunning :thumb:
I was sad to give my FH up last month, didn't have the space to keep him healthy. :x

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks renegade and Nathan. That is sad having to give up a fish! I'm looking to up grade Khufu's tank here soon. Probably get him a 55g. That should keep him for a while being he's only 4" now.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah and then I'll have to get a bigger tank and find something else to put in the 55g. :D Pre-planning is everything 8)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh well, but I think he is as hooked on fish as I am. He even helps with water changes. :) When ever our friends come over he has to show off the new fish we just bought. He just laughs when I bring a new fish home. Like when I brought the Escondido home I just pulled up a picture of a grown one on the internet and I didn't have to say a word. He was sold. The Puffers.....one look at them and he was sold. The Archer fish I showed him how I can put a raw chunk of shrimp on the under side of the tank lid and the Archer will spit water at it until he knocks it down to eat it ....sold. Khufu is "his" :roll: Flowerhorn. Fedor is "his" boy.....and so on. I'd call it hooked.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, it works out in my favor as long as he remember they are all MY fish :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts