Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the confusion over lighting is clearing, YEA! But . . . need filtration for my new 110g, would like to have one that has the heater built in, but is not neccessary.

Suggestions, thoughts and what you use are greatly appreciated. Thx :?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I can really recommend the Eheim Pro 3 Thermal filter. Great filter, quiet with a heating element in it as well as a thermostat that keeps the water very accurately controlled.

Having said that, some of the inline heaters are really good as well, so it is really cost.

The Eheim Thermals are a little pricy and so you could probably pick up a good filter and an inline for less.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Is the tank drilled? If so a sump type filter would be best. Otherwsie a good canister and a HOB should do the trick. I still prefer the sump idea. It also depends on your stocking. Are oscars going in it or a some shellies?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, will do some research on an eheim and the tank is not drilled, Ruziba's are going into this tank, so I really want to do this right, thx for the suggestions. When I bought the tank used, the guy gave me some type of wet/dry system called "amiracle" but no tubes, pipes, or anything, so don't know how to set it up

·
Banned
406 Posts
If you're using a canister get a hydor inline. It's very accurate and it's hidden outside of the tank. I have a eth200 on my 55 gallon and I like it so much I bought a eth300 for my 90 gallon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts