Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if these fish can live with a black ghost? Whats their aggression levels like and can the be ok in a 6.5 ph? Do they need lots of hiding places or do they prefer open water. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
40,893 Posts
Not an ideal mix, you would want to shoot more for a pH of 8 for the moorii.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats fine as my ghost can live happily in 8. Will they be too aggressive for a ghost thou or are they chilled out like fronts?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Until you get a sexually mature male, they are some of the least aggressive haps. No idea how any haps would do with a ghost knife though.

They definitely like to swim. Give them lots of open water and open sand.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think a lot depends on the individual fish you get. We just had to return our blue dolphin because he was the spaz of the tank, constantly running all of the other fish off and stressing them to no end.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I had a 5.5" male that just recently died about a month ago. I still don't know how he died. He was breathing a little heavy a couple days before he passed and then I found him floating the following day. Anyway he was a very passive fish. He seemed to always be at the top of the waterline staying away from my larger more aggressive haps. He wasn't never beat up or anything but I think could have got stressed out from all the other haps. I heard they do well in a same species tank.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help, still so undecided as i want tank mates but finding it hard for something that will fit. Oh well more research is needed me thinks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts