Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am nearly finished my new monster tank, my glass comes mid April and I can't wait.

It is L shaped and 8ft along each axis, it is 4ft deep and 6ft High, it will have around 7000 litres.
I will be adding all my Tangs I have and hopefully many more.

I hope you like it
See a couple of pics below

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
That;s really cool looking. Looks like steel angle iron framework bracing sealed plywood?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No all steel, the plywood at the top is covered in Aluminium sheet to seal the whole tank from the outside, keep moisture and fish inside the tank.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Gonna need to employ a small child as a diving tank cleaner ;) What's the plans for decor you going to run it bare bottom and no decor, or are you planning to do some aquascaping in that big boy? Couple giant tall pieces of wood would look awesome in there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There will be some black slate, with orange lines running through it sitting on metal stands running up the entire height of the tank and will hopefully look like the lake when finished, the orange is a match for the colour of kids play sand that will be on the bottom, to help all the sand dwellers to dig pits etc, there is also a sand ledge half way up for featherfins and any other mid or shallow water fish to breed and display and a shelf for shell dwellers to have their colony and keep them out of the way of my Emperor Cichlid group, as for cleaning I have 4 x 4500lph pumps set up to send hopefully all the muck into one corner for collection, the sand should stay free from problems with all the sand sifters doing their job. I plan doing water changes every week , I have 2 @ 6ft high x 2ft dia plastic water tanks filled with HMA water to change every week, and I will just have to wait and see how the base looks with regard waste, I am thinking about draining maybe 50% - 60% every few months and have a good clean if needed, but I am going to use Ozone, so I am hoping this aids in any detritus build up, but I have never had a tank this big before so its a constant learning curve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts