Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding the 3 species objective in a rectangular standard 55 gallon aquarium. Can a combination of Labidocromis Caeruleus Lions Cove (yellow) be combined with Nkhata Bay (white) and get 2 colors for the price of one species so to speak, similar to Saulosi? These would go with white top haras and yellow tail acei. No plans on saving or distributing fry. Final totals would be 3f acei-1m:5f haras-1m:9f labs. Thanks.

·
Administrator
41,982 Posts
Yes to your question. You would also have to make sure any survivors were dispatched by the adult fish or dispatch them yourself before they grow to adult size and you cannot tell which is hybrid and which is pure.

On another note...I would not do acei in a 55G...too big and they like to be in the larger groupings.

Also, personal experience, I found the acei and the hara to have little contrast between the colors...both basically a mid-blue. I ended up swapping out the acei for something to give me more variety.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DJ. I am finding the same with the colors of the acei and hara. Since I'm not upsizing right now I'll probably switch the acei for rustys and still have 4 colors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.