Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a just purchased an aqueon 54 gallon corner tank and plan on over filtering the heck out of it.
But my question is can i mix Tropheus duboisi and frontosas in an this tank consisting mbuna?
I plan to stock strategically adding the least aggresive fish first and i plan on having at least 6 yellow labs and some zebras. (cobalts, reds, albinos etc.)

can my dream of this tank happen?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Both tropheus and frontosa need a much larger tank, atleast a 75 gallon rectangle for tropheus and the fronts would need a 6' tank. Both do best is a species tank as well. Corner tanks don't make the best homes for mbuna, you'll really have to chose fish wisely to get something that will work long term.

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
I would skip the zebras in a corner tank. Look into Chindongo saulosi (a.k.a. Pseudotropheus saulosi) for a species tank if you want a mbuna that is likely to do well in a tank less than 48" long.

Or you could do just the yellow labs instead.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
The problem is not just the tank size. Even a 200 gallon tank would not work for tropheus and frontosas together. Frontosas are pretty docile for the most part and tropheus are "psychotic" fish. I have both kinds at present, but in separate tanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts