Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you mix white tail acei with yellow tail acei? For example 4 yellow tail and 2 white tail to make a group of 6. I know it would be ideal to have 6 of each but wondering if they can be mixed to form a group of 6. thanks for any help

·
Super Moderator
40,370 Posts
Yes but discard any fry. I would ensure the white tails are females.

You would not want both types of acei in the same tank normally...even with six of each.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is there any reason not to mix them if your not breeding them. will they be more pronged to fighting with each other or something?

·
Super Moderator
40,370 Posts
They might, but know that they WILL spawn whether you want them to or not and most people want to avoid the need to euthanise healthy fry.

·
Registered
497 Posts
DJRansome said:
They might, but know that they WILL spawn whether you want them to or not and most people want to avoid the need to euthanise healthy fry.
Exactly right. :thumb:

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
Apart from breeding issues (just do not save fry you are not sure of) a male of each may, or may not, quarrel a lot. It is your risk, if you have to remove a male. Males don't really color up that intensely anyway, but I think the "White Tail" males are more interesting. Maybe just have females of "Yellow Tail", they are always somewhat attractive, instead of a male of each.

Would it be a disaster? Probably not. Certainly not for breeding. One type may do better than the other, don't expect them to make a perfect group.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts