Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 3 koi angels that are just lovely. they are still small at 1.5" in length. i was wondering if i could move them into a 75g with haps/peacocks when they get larger. they are in a 29g planted now. just thinking about the future when they get larger. i already have 2 75 for malawi's and do not think the wifey will let me get another 55g. i may have to trade in the 20, and 29 to get a 55g but i wanted to see if this would work first. try to use what i got.

or maybe hold them in there until i can trade up. also would they tolerate the higher ph well or not. just an idea so any constructive info is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Personally I don't think the slower angels would be very happier with the quicker malawi fish. Plus (and I could be wrong) I found africans can be kinda nippy toward each other and I think angels would be prime targets for harassment.

·
Registered
58 Posts
angels would get their fins ripped...they're one of the more peaceful cichlids and not an african like the ones you have...bad idea mixing them!!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Put some large goldfish feeder fish in your malawi tank and see what happens.

I think your angels would eventually get stressed to death or out right killed in the malaw tank.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I wouldn't put angels with haps and peacocks. Even though they are less aggressive than mbuna, they are alot more aggressive than angelfish, and I think the slower moving angels would be easy prey for the haps and peacocks.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks guys. i guess i just have to get larger tanks... :roll:

hopefully i can get it before they get to big. would a 40g be enough for 3 angles, some corys, gourami(i know not SA :lol: ) and a larger plec? i might not be able to fit another 4 ft tank in my dinning room. :fish:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
A 40G should do the trick...You'll have to watch out for the angels pairing off, and might eventually have to remove one, but I've successfully kept 3 adult angels in a standard 40G breeder...

Unless you can find another piece of furniture that you really don't need... :lol:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
already loosing the 6 seat dinning room table, so i am trying but my girlfriend has some much stuff i do not know where to begin. and she is sentimentally attached to all of it. i am moving the love seat right in front of my tanks so i guess i cant complain. oh and i plan on moving the 20g bow into our bedroom. i almost have her convinced that fish do not watch you when you sleep, much. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts