Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have Duboisi and Moop fry growing out in a 10 gallon for now. Just got 3 more Duboisi spit yesterday. Can I keep all these together to grow out ? First 8 duboisi fry are 1 month @1inch, 3 moops are 1 week at 3/4 inch and these last 3 are yesterday about 1/2inch. There is a pretty big size difference from first batch to yesterdays. Safe to put together and can I keep adding fry as they spit.

·
Super Moderator
40,725 Posts
No. Newly spit fry should have a chance to grow/mature/become accustomed to the outside world before mixing with larger fry. People who save all batches of fry have multiple tanks and the newly spit/stripped ones get their own tank.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Belair62 said:
Have Duboisi and Moop fry growing out in a 10 gallon for now. Just got 3 more Duboisi spit yesterday. Can I keep all these together to grow out ? First 8 duboisi fry are 1 month @1inch, 3 moops are 1 week at 3/4 inch and these last 3 are yesterday about 1/2inch. There is a pretty big size difference from first batch to yesterdays. Safe to put together and can I keep adding fry as they spit.
I was cleaning out my community tank 3 weeks ago, had to take out about 150 of slate to catch all of the Kenyi fry. I thought I had 18 to 20 inch to inch and a half fry, but once I got all of the rock out and what I thought was all of the fish out, I saw 2 little tiny Kenyi that looked as if they probably were spit when I was catching their mom. Anyway, all of the fry were placed in a 20 gallon tank and all of them have done well. The little guys are about an inch long now and feed at the top with the rest of the herd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts