Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know every tank is different, but how long can these last? My filter is going through a mini cycle right now as of Monday..I just want to know what to expect.

If anyone can share their experience if they had one on their filters

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Check water daily . Do small water changes untill it goes away. Time really depends on what happened to cause the mini cycle .

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had a mini cycle after moving my aquarium about 2 months ago. I used Seachem Stability, and it had my Ammonia and Nitrites back to zero in 1 day. I did the whole week cycle of Stability, and it has been perfect since then.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking of buying myself...Are you going to continue to use stability, or add it 1x a month. Or 1 time shot and thats it. Just read a lot about stability, pros cons..who knows. I went into a mini cycle cause I did my first filter maintenence too soon after I added fish (6 weeks) and then I added a new filter to tank as well, AC110..and I think thats what did it. either way, I'm going through one now. so just kind of curious how other peoples experience has been. I'm using Prime to detoxify my ammonia reading. Fish are all fine and show no signs of stress reading are only .25

·
Registered
59 Posts
Since then, I use the Stability only when I clean my canister. Not because I need to, but because I just happen to have some left over. A lot of people seem to be against products like this, but it worked great for me. I don't believe that you will need to continue to use it afterward, however, I think that seachem would like you to. :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, although their Prime is awesome and is currently protecting my fish. I probably would use it like u do, because now I'm scared to do filter maintenece because of what happen. When u use it, on filter cleaning, do u follow instructions for 7 days or just throw in the amount for your tank size

·
Registered
59 Posts
There is a smaller amount that they recommend for "maintenance" on the back of the bottle. It is a one time dose and that is what I use. I hope that you have the same experience that I did with this product.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope so too, I've been in a mini cycle since Monday... do u pour in tank, or actually pur in your cannister

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just put it in the tank, although, I have thought about putting it directly in the filter. Don't see how it could hurt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts