Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have 1 male that I got locally. So there must be at least one person breeding in the WV/OH/KY tri-state area.

·
Super Moderator
40,487 Posts
Try a Want Ad in the Trading Post. :thumb:

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Interruptus have been common in the hobby for decades, the main question should be if someone is breeding wild caught M. interruptus or F1 since so much of the fish sold as "Johanni" are unknown if pure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They may have been common, but not anymore. They are difficult to find - good or bad strains. Nobody is even trying to pass off poorly striped Johanni as Interruptus.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
JeffroM said:
They may have been common, but not anymore. They are difficult to find - good or bad strains. Nobody is even trying to pass off poorly striped Johanni as Interruptus.
Usually they are just sold as Johanni, whether they are Johanni or Interruptus. Both have been sold as Johanni for years. Or hybrids. Electric Blue Johanni might be hybrids with Interruptus in them. You would need someone who knew where the fish came from, and have bred them true.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Not seen any either, they're on my short list, too.
Ask your importer if they see any coming in the next couple of shipments, or they might know someone that is breeding them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts