Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these demasoni?

And I'm assuming these are melanochromis auratus? If so they both need to go back to petsmart "mixed" tank.

·
Registered
554 Posts
second fish is definitely auratus.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured as much. Their both going back today, just need to find some compatible species petsmart has in stock for my yellow labs.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
kev012in said:
I figured as much. Their both going back today, just need to find some compatible species petsmart has in stock for my yellow labs.
Why shop there when you know that the fish are not labelled well?
My thinking is if you want decent stock, go to a decent dealer.
I see no demasoni I do see some M.lombardoi and a mix of other Malawi nasties fine for a big tank but rubbish for what most folk have tank wise.

All the best James

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I really wish I had other options but there are no dealer's local to me. And I'm not paying 60 dollars to have fish shipped. Their all in my 55 gallon. I think I figured out the blue are kenyi and I'm not sure how my yellow labs will fare with them, but auratus are gone tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would guess they are Kenyi. Mostly because that seems like my local Petsmarts favorite cichlid to stock. I guess to their supplier this is a common fish.
I wish they would just label them! :x

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, they have both been returned and replaced with some acei. The yellow labs and acei should be fine in there.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i'm not sure if your petsmart has them but the one near me recently started carrying snow white socofoli and cobalt blues, either of these would work good with labs and acei.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts