Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 185 gal Mbuna tank. One of my fish is a demon(Red Zebra). I have tried for weeks to catch this fish to no avail. The tank is loaded with Texas Holy Rock and it is extremely difficult to maneuver a net around the tank. I have been keeping tropical fish for around 35 years and never had such difficulty catch a fish. Does anyone know any secrets to catching a difficult fish without breaking down the tank which is not an option.

·
Super Moderator
40,508 Posts
I always break down the tank in the end.

If you have set up your rock efficiently, you may be able to shoo the offender to one end and insert a tank divider to block off the section...then remove the rock from just that section. Definitely do this during a water change so the fish has only half the water to evade in as well.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i usually drain the tank to just a couple of inches of water if I need to catch a particularly evasive fish.

·
Registered
165 Posts
DJRansome said:
I always break down the tank in the end.
That has been the case for me as well. Although, when removing a bully, I am somehow able to yank them right out whilst they are in the act of bullying. It's weird. I'll be like, "That's it, you're done pal"; SNATCH!! Whereas, when I'm re-homing one of them or switching tanks, I can't catch a single fish. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts