Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently at a LFS that happened to have some Mdoka White Lips available. The store owner said that they were a rare fish. I was wondering if this was true? As I do like them and would like to get them, but can't put them in my current tank as they are to big for my other cichlids. If they are relatively rare I would consider setting up another tank to put them in after it's been cycled.

Thanks for any help or advice given!

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
Most cichlid pellets have plenty of protein for haps and peacocks.

·
Registered
767 Posts
We have a group of Placidochromis sp. "Phenochilus Tanzania", which is closely related to the mdoka white lips. They are doing great, with lots of breeding activity, on northfin cichlid formula.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have bred them a few times. They are a little more aggressive than the Phenochilus Tanzanias but they do great in a a hap tank. I have three full grown males together in my all male 220 gallon tank and they are all fine together, no issues. You will not see them in your normal fish store, but online they are available pretty readily. I used to feed my haps NLS but have switched to omega one. I noticed the NLS produces a lot more waste probably due to the vegetables that's in the formula.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts