Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Foudn my fish matured, and the mbweca female is holding eggs. First two pics below is the dominant male Mbweca , and the last three is the female holding . These are pretty cool mbuna, and I feel like I should definitely set up a breeding tank for them. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
What do you mean by "breeding tank?" You may want to remove the female after she has held the eggs for a few days. But you do not want to isolate a "pair" of Mbuna, they need to be in a group to feel comfortable or the male may harass the female.

If you are seriously breeding, in a breeding tank you want multiple females and you want to avoid other more dominant or similar looking species that may interfere with the breeding and to avoid getting accidental hybrids.

·
Registered
11 Posts
alezard said:
Foudn my fish matured, and the mbweca female is holding eggs. First two pics below is the dominant male Mbweca , and the last three is the female holding . These are pretty cool mbuna, and I feel like I should definitely set up a breeding tank for them. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics.
alezard, those are nice looking mbweca. Do you mind if I ask where you got them? I've been thinking of getting some myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts