Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mbuna species I'm interested for my 55 gallon include yellow labs, red zebras, acei, and socofoli. I'd like to keep my numbers around 12.

Am I better off...

A. Getting 3 of each
B. Choosing 3 of the species and getting 4 of each
C. Something completely different.

Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
JStroke said:
Mbuna species I'm interested for my 55 gallon include yellow labs, red zebras, acei, and socofoli. I'd like to keep my numbers around 12.

Am I better off...

A. Getting 3 of each

Thanks for the help!!!
You're better off going with 4+ for each of 3 species in a 55, with ratios of 1male to 3 or 4 females.
Also, Red Zebras and Yellow Labs may crossbreed. Any fry from either shouldn't be sold or traded.
Some say Acei (6") can get too large for a 55, plan on getting a larger tank before they mature or trading before they mature to full size.
Take a look through the cookie cutter section in library/quick reference for other species ideas and don't be afraid to post asking for ideas.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
GTZ said:
JStroke said:

Am I better off...

A. Getting 3 of each

Thanks for the help!!!
You're better off going with 4+ for each of 3 species in a 55, with ratios of 1male to 3 or 4 females.
Also, Red Zebras and Yellow Labs my crossbreed. Any fry from either shouldn't be sold or traded.
Some say Acei (6") can get too large for a 55, plan on getting a larger tank before they mature or trading before they mature to full size.
Take a look through the cookie cutter section in library/quick reference for other species ideas and don't be afraid to post asking for ideas.
Co-sign :thumb:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I believe that is right out of the cookie cutter setup for 55s zebras labs and acei :fish:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts