Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

recently changed my fish food. Before i was feeding them spirulina flakes. I changed it up to some sera flora flakes (this is still spirulina isn't it?) and my mbuna just chew it then spit it out. All my mbuna do it. My borelyi and S. freyeri are fien with munching it down. DO you guys know why this is? Maybe i should starve them a little and try again when they are real hungry, they could just be being fussy. Your guys thoughts?

Cheers

·
Registered
729 Posts
LOL.. I had exactly the same experience with that brand of food. I feed mine OSI Spirulina and they like it a lot. The other food I recently tried that they simply love is Danichi pellets. I mix the vegi sinking with the color floating ones and they devour the food in seconds and then search for anything that might have been missed. They go after it as much as live brine shrimp, so I guess they simply love it. It's fun to see them that excited about food too.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
IME, it's always best to slowly introduce a new food rather than offering them only the new food all at once. I even believe it's easier on their digestive system that way.

Keep an eye on things to make sure you don't have something else going on in your tank. Spitting food is one of the first signs of bloat...I don't want to scare you, but should you see any white stringy feces or reclusive behaviour from any of them, you may have some problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.