Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking of getting a group of some type of pundamillia and putting them in with a group of p. saulosi and cyno white tops in my 90 gallon. Anybody have experience mixing mbuna w/ victorians? I really like the red in the males of the crimson tide and nyerei island species. Whats a good M/f ratio for them?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and oh yeah...... It just seems these species I want to keep have different dietary requirements than mbuna...... Would NLS solve that problem for both groups?

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
That should suffice. Keep in mind that in most cases P. nyererei is a fish that is as aggressive as most robust mbuna, such as the zebra types.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks. I have plenty of rockwork stacked to at least 3/4 of the height of the tank (125 lbs of tufa). Is it hard to get multiple males of this species to color up given the right # of females? Would a 3m/7-9f work?

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
In my experiences, you'll have one male coloured up in a four foot tank. If you have the misfortune to have two coloured up, the rest of your fish will be hiding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.