Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a 60 gallon tank with the follow fish:
2 electric blue male Johanni
1 yellow lab
1 bumblebee
1 albino auratus

There is a lot of chasing and I don’t think they are happy. How do I create a happy environment for them? I have LFS that will take them and give store credit but I don’t know which ones don’t go together.

please help

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
You may want to consider store credit for all but the Yellow Lab. The other 3 species are high on the aggression scale. As well, 5 Africans in a 60-gallon are not nearly enough to keep aggression down. Mbuna need to be "crowded" to some degree.

Research less aggressive Mbuna species and see what is available in your area. Once we know what you have to work with, we can offer more help (picking suitable species).

By the way, what are the dimensions of your tank?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s a 60 gallon high. So the current mbuna I have cannot live together? I think it would be easier to trade in the one yellow lab if that’s the case.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Especially the bumblebee and the auratus have to go. They are done of the most aggressive cichlids out there. Our lfs won’t even sell them because they are straight up murderers. I’d get rid of them, keep the yellow labs and add yellow tail Acei.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts