Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i have a 30 gallon tank 36" long and i need stocking suggestons should i go with the yellow labs, red zebras, or auratus im hoping to breed so i will be setting up a harem

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Realistically, you need to consider a 48" long tank as a minimum for a breeding group of any of those, especially the zebras and autarus. And also, don't keep the labs and zebras together, as they will crossbreed and produce hybrid fry, which shouldn't be distributed or sold. Then keep the 30g as a fry growout tank.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
It's personal preference at this point. I probably wouldn't do auratus in that size tank, 1m:6-7f would be pretty tight quarters IMO.
Tank is cycled?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Of those three I'd go with the Yellow Labs, they're the most docile and give you the best chance for success. I'd go 1 male and 3-4 females.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its all cycled and ready i did polits and afras in the 30 with no problems at all in a 2 to 7 ratio so now im goin to the next stage and was just lookin for an mbuna opinion so any oher suggestions would be great

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
I'd do single species dwarfs in that tank, look through the profiles for fish that mature under 6". Examples are demasoni, hongi, rusties and labs would probably work too.

I would not do auratus or metriaclima.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts