Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello thought I would share my setup.

Tank is 51"x21"x19" 320ish ltrs, have been keeping SA/CA cichlids for over 25 years but through lockdown decided to have a change around to an African setup.

Currently stocked with,
3 Tropheops elongatus kumwera(1m2f)
3 Cynotilapia zebroides "Cobue" (1m2f)
3 Metriaclima Zebra Gold Lions Cove(1m2f)
5 Labidochromis caeruleus(yellow Lab) (unsexed juvs)
5 Metriaclima greshakei(1m4f)
3 Cynotilapia sp. Hara Gallireya Reef(1m2f)
3 Labidochromis chisumulae(unsexed juvs)
3 Tropheops sp. 'aurora'(1m2f)

All good so far and no sign of real agression yet, all fish are around 1.5"-3".

Any comments or advice are most welcome,

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
That is quite a stack of rock, I am sure the fish love it. I would cut the species in half and stock at least 4 females for every male. Add 5 Synodontis multipunctatus for fry patrol.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
DJRansome said:
That is quite a stack of rock, I am sure the fish love it. I would cut the species in half and stock at least 4 females for every male. Add 5 Synodontis multipunctatus for fry patrol.
The extra females won't be necessary in a tank with this many fish, and rocks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picking up a new tank tomorrow a 72" x 24" x 18". 134US gallons (510ltr) Just wondering the 18" height shouldn't be an issue with it will it as thinking the length and width more important for space.

·
Super Moderator
1,840 Posts
I love it and the rocks look great spread out that way. The fish will enjoy the extra length and width of the tank and they'll grow into it well.

Are those silk plants you are using?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Deeda said:
I love it and the rocks look great spread out that way. The fish will enjoy the extra length and width of the tank and they'll grow into it well.

Are those silk plants you are using?
Yes Aqua one brand plastic plants, they are just until I pick up some decent Valis and Anubius, my LFS's stock isn't too great at the moment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts