Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I plan on ordering a group of Mbuna to breed here at school. The tank is a standard 29 gallon 30 1/4 x12 1/2 x18 3/4. I was thinking a group of Ps. Saulosi. Something with color so the students will be interested. Hence the yellow and blue. Just wondering if there is a particular site worth ordering from or even a breeder on this forum who could send me a very nice group. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
40,498 Posts
Check out the Reviews section in the menu. Cichlid-forum has provided a special place for reviews so that vendor names and recommendations can be kept out of the forums. :thumb:

There is also the Trading Post for Want Ads.

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
I'd usually recommend for you to get in touch with a local fish club in your area. Breeders organized in the local clubs here in Ohio would probably donate a group of saulosi, if they knew it was for a school project. However, tracking down a breeder, let alone a club, in North Dakota might be easier said than done :(

BTW - Saulosi are a great choice for a 29G that's supposed to attract the interest of people that aren't yet cichlid addicts :thumb:

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Would a mouthbrooder be the best choice?

Firemouths, Convicts, or Jewel Fish would be very easy to breed and the kids can see the parents take care of the eggs and babies for a mouth in full view. I saw a pair of Firemouth breeding in a busy grocery store last year, amazed but felt sorry for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts