Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
sorry for my bad english but im from belgium.

I have a tank 120x50/60x60 with 3 "holes" for using a sump(bioloog)

now I need to make an overflow box in black glass, or I can use a 3d aquadecor background

overflow box:
pro:
I can get as much as possible room for the fish, and go all the way later with fish species...

3d wall:
pro:
nice look
con: i loose some space and difficult with dirt?

now the difficult, the fish.

I know I can use this aquarium for mbuna, but what would be a peacefull setup and sorts of fish?

I llike the aulonocara more, becouse of the less rocks, and the more peacefull they are, but is this possible in this tank or to smal for a working aulonocara tank with some fishes?

could someone advise me what to do with this aquarium? or do I need a 150x50x50 for aulonocara?
Slope Rectangle Parallel Diagram Shade
Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Circle

Shelving Wood Pet supply Rectangle Cabinetry
Wood Gas Glass Rectangle Automotive exterior
Wood Flooring Road surface Floor Tints and shades

·
Administrator
40,588 Posts
Your tank is 48 inches by 19 inches so you could do a single species aulonocara tank. Only the male is colorful and females are silver/bronze. If you choose a timid species you could probably do 4 males and 16 females to stock your tank.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Your tank is 48 inches by 19 inches so you could do a single species aulonocara tank. Only the male is colorful and females are silver/bronze. If you choose a timid species you could probably do 4 males and 16 females to stock your tank.
I dont think he would be happy to add 16 colourless fishes in that beautiful tank of his😅…why cant he go for an all male peacock tank?

·
Registered
862 Posts
IMO you could easily do either Mbuna or peacocks in this tank, provided you chose your fishes appropriately. So the first question you need to answer is- what do you want from this tank? Lots of color? Lots of activity? Low aggression/interaction? There are many ways to go, but the place to start is which fishes do you like best? This forum tends to go overboard on rock work and gender ratios, but none of these are hard-and-fast rules that can't be modified to suit your circumstances. (y)

·
Administrator
40,588 Posts
Because OP said he wanted an aulonocara tank.

All male could work in this tank size but it is a difficult tank to pull off successfully and would probably require haps as well as peacocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts