Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally decided to keep mbunas. It was close, came down to haps or mbunas. I just filled up my 120 (48x24x24) and started running the sump (30g wet/dry underneath tank). May the cycling process begin. I am trying the fishless cycling process using Dr. Tims one and only. Now that my tank is running i can start to focus on the types of mbunas i want to try. I have come up with an initial list that maybe you guys could give your opinions on. My plan is to get 6 or 7 juvies of each species and eventually as they mature hopefully end up with 1m and 3 or 4 females of each and return the others. The list is as follows:
Cynotilapia afra
Pseudotropheus flavus
Metriaclima Msobo

I still haven't decided on a 4th species yet. Any recommendation on a 4th? I sort of like the trewavasae or fulleborni. Even though its not a malawi species, i do like the buffalo head (steatocranus casuarius), but i am afraid that the water would be to hard for it. I do plan on having some Synos for maintance just not sure which kind. I am excited about getting the tank going. Its been a long road till this point.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.