Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally decided to keep mbunas. It was close, came down to haps or mbunas. I just filled up my 120 (48x24x24) and started running the sump (30g wet/dry underneath tank). May the cycling process begin. I am trying the fishless cycling process using Dr. Tims one and only. Now that my tank is running i can start to focus on the types of mbunas i want to try. I have come up with an initial list that maybe you guys could give your opinions on. My plan is to get 6 or 7 juvies of each species and eventually as they mature hopefully end up with 1m and 3 or 4 females of each and return the others. The list is as follows:
Cynotilapia afra
Pseudotropheus flavus
Metriaclima Msobo

I still haven't decided on a 4th species yet. Any recommendation on a 4th? I sort of like the trewavasae or fulleborni. Even though its not a malawi species, i do like the buffalo head (steatocranus casuarius), but i am afraid that the water would be to hard for it. I do plan on having some Synos for maintance just not sure which kind. I am excited about getting the tank going. Its been a long road till this point.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Which trawavasae are you interested in? There a ton of different color morphs.

If you are considering the red top just know the females are going to be yellow like the msobo females. Difference being they will probably have some blotching.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts