Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

1st Pic - Any ideas, love this fish but he (think its a he!) is becoming extremely aggressive to everything in the tank so looks like will have to go.

2nd Pic - 2 Fish on the right hand bottom side, only had them a couple of weeks but lost the piece of paper when got them and cant remember what they are!

3rd Pic - 2 Fish on bottom left, big red one and the yellow ish one with a different coloured face, any ideas? Yellow ish one is getting heavily picked on by the fish in the first pic.

4th Pic - Fish on the bottom to the right hand side with the yellow fins?

Any help much appreciated, if you can say Male or Female aswell that would be excellent!

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
The bicolored one in the second pic could be a Trophops sp. "Red Cheek."

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ps. Saulosi is my guess on the first picture.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well the yellow ish one looks like it could be a yellow lab. But it looks like a hybrid (I have never seen one that looks like that, with it's face a different color). Either it's a hybrid or it is sick. The first one looks like a desmoni hybrid. Then again I am defiently not an expert.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lovemycichlids805 said:
Well the yellow ish one looks like it could be a yellow lab. But it looks like a hybrid (I have never seen one that looks like that, with it's face a different color). Either it's a hybrid or it is sick. The first one looks like a desmoni hybrid. Then again I am defiently not an expert.
Definately not a lab or sick, been the same colour for 9 months or so, turns out appears to be a Salousi which is changing sex, news to me!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lovemycichlids805 said:
Ow Ow..I think the first one is a Pseudotropheus sp. "Elongatus Ornatus" check it out and tell me if it looks like yours. I personally think it does!
Yeah everyone has said elongatus on that one so well done! Pic doesnt show much but its much bigger than a demasoni.

·
Registered
825 Posts
After_Shock said:
lovemycichlids805 said:
Ow Ow..I think the first one is a Pseudotropheus sp. "Elongatus Ornatus" check it out and tell me if it looks like yours. I personally think it does!
Yeah everyone has said elongatus on that one so well done! Pic doesnt show much but its much bigger than a demasoni.
The body doesn't look like an elongatus to me, but can u post another picture in a different angle?

Here's a photo of my Ps. Elongatus w/ 9 vertical bars: :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice fish! Its probably the hardest fish to get a picture of in my tank other than the catfish but will try.

Did have a few demasoni in the tank before and they looked very different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts