Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got theses two guys a while ago , Iam not sure what type of mbuna they are but i like them. the picture makes them look linda blue but they are more grey with almost purple lines. here are some photos.any ideas?

·
Registered
825 Posts
How big r they? The first ones body looks like my Ps. Saulosi and the second one looks like M. Estherae.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jhunbj said:
How big r they? The first ones body looks like my Ps. Saulosi and the second one looks like M. Estherae.
i know what some are but its hard to get a picture of one mbuna in the tank. iam looking for a id of the blusish grey with strips.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and for sure its not a Ps. Saulosi , its not relly blue its more grey, and its 5 inchs.
heres of video of the tank, at the very begging of the video (first second)hes in it and on 38 seconds the bigger one is there

·
Registered
825 Posts
Now that I looked at some of my Ps. Saulosi picture... ur right, theres to many vertical stripes on that fish. :lol:

Here's a pic. of my Saulosi when not in the fighting mood(also grayish): :D

In the fighting mood: :lol:

By the way, I really like the look of ur Elongatus Chewere. :thumb:

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Here's a picture of my Ps. Saulosi and Ps. Elongatus..... u decide: :D

·
Registered
551 Posts
jhunbj said:
By the way, I really like the look of ur Elongatus Chewere. :thumb:
That is not an enlongatus chewere. A male Psuedotropheus sp. enlongatus "chewere" does not have blue vertical stripes that extend the entire vertical portion of the body, they are more of a diamond shape along the approximate center of the torso. That fish was one of the Ps. sp. enlongatus yellow tail varieties of which there are several quite similar looking ones. It was however quite nice looking :thumb:

·
Registered
551 Posts
As for the original question about what the fish is......my best guess is socolofi x enlongatus hybrid.

·
Registered
825 Posts
etcbrown said:
That is not an enlongatus chewere. A male Psuedotropheus sp. enlongatus "chewere" does not have blue vertical stripes that extend the entire vertical portion of the body, they are more of a diamond shape along the approximate center of the torso. That fish was one of the Ps. sp. enlongatus yellow tail varieties of which there are several quite similar looking ones. It was however quite nice looking :thumb:
Oops... my bad. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts