Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm presently growing out 18 OB red zebras. Three of the fry have a distinct vertical barring like you woud see in a Maylandia zebra. The mom and dad have definite blotching. I'm really not worried about the BB coloring, in fact it is my favorite color variation in mbuna, just wondering if anyone has had this happen? :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have some Blueberry offspring, and the mom and Dad have big time blotching, and a large majority of the offspring do too, however the irony is the Dom male is barred with ZERO blotching

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
jlose said:
I'm presently growing out 18 OB red zebras. Three of the fry have a distinct vertical barring like you woud see in a Maylandia zebra. The mom and dad have definite blotching. I'm really not worried about the BB coloring, in fact it is my favorite color variation in mbuna, just wondering if anyone has had this happen? :D
Are you sure they are M. estherae OB, or are you just assuming? There are BB Zebra OB also. A mix could also be possible.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know the more research I do, makes me wonder if they aren't ob zebras. I bought them from an internet cichlid provider. It states on one line ob maylandia estherae and on the line below that ob zebras. I guess they were covering all avenues. Regardless the male is very nicely colored. :-?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts