Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Matadi Kribs

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  IanoYG 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new to Cichlids and Kribs, but I decided to add a pair to my community aquarium after reading about them for a few weeks. But when I went to the shop to purchase the fish, she threw a curveball and advised of different types of Kribs existed, so I ended up taking the Matadi Kribs with me, she advised me one was male and one was female. But both have horisontal stripes running across their bodies at times (apparently depending on their mood) so I am worried they are both male, they also lack the colour I expected them to have... but maybe this will come when they have settled in more. I am really hoping someone can help.

Thank you for reading.

Ian

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Oke fantastic thank you! You've calmed my worries haha. They seem happy enough, they follow each other and my cories around, occasionally chasing the other krib. It's amazing how you see the differences so easily, I am really struggling, apart from a black spot on the dorsal fin on one of them haha. Do you happen to know what the stripe on their body means? It really omes and goes, I read it shows their mood, but it didn't say what mood! Also if they ended up breeding, can you keep the family together in a 110l or will they also breed and fight each other as two males would normally do? Thank you once again.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.