Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

This weekend I have the chance to pick up a new Marineland C-360 canister filter with all the media for $150 compared to the usual $210. A lot of the reviews I've read are a few years old or more, just wondering if this is a good quality buy for the price.

Currently I'm running an Eheim 2217 and a noisy penguin 350 HOB on my 125g. I'm looking to replace the HOB with another canister.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I dont personally own one, but a friend of mine has one on his 55g as the sole filter and it does a great job. I have read about the units leaking in the past but thought that they replaced the heads on the ones that were no good. If it is new with all the media I would say snap it up. As long as yo use common sense while doing maintanence on it I am sure you will be fine. He has had his for about 2 years now with 0 problems.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
We do not allow the promotion of commercial sites and their products at Cichlid-Forum.com unless they are a site sponsor. The costs for running this site are more then many may expect, we cannot afford to offer advertising services for free. Site sponsorship is one aspect that makes this site possible. Posts have been removed. Thank you for your consideration.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx guys, I grabbed one today. I'll post an update if I have any issues.

Cheers!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just thought Id give a quick update - Its been about 3 months since I setup the C-360. So far I'm very happy with it. Practically overnight my water went crystal clear. I've cleaned it a few times, it was very easy and it runs nice and quiet. Not as quiet as the eheim but still a very nice product. Knock on wood! :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts