Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got a 25ft marina aquavac to change my tanks water. The problem is that when i connect it to the faucet it leaks water at the point where i connect it. When i used to have the Python it never did this. I tried wrenching the brass connector to be more tighter, but it still leaks some. Is this normal? Please let me know, especially those who have this water changer. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hmmm.....is there a rubber seal inside your connector? On my water changer, it tends to fall out, and this leak sprung out in mine. So I make sure the seal is there before I make the connection.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I use an appropriate size wrench and tighten it. If it is the male connection there should be a white gasket that should sit not flush but sticking out a bit. Also check your faucet connection to see if an existing o-ring or gasket is still wedged in there. If that doesn't work try some teflon tape on your threads that connect.

·
Registered
211 Posts
why did you get rid of the python? get another one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.