Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I may have asked this question once before, but I'm not entirely sure, but would a couple of male peacocks be happy in a tank with 2 mbuna and a hap breeding groups.

I mean happy, like happy enough to color up, I figure they would survive, but I want to know what the chances of keeping good color and happy peacocks would be.

·
Super Moderator
40,883 Posts
Depends on the tank size, which haps, which mbuna and which peacocks. I had a cynotilapia kill a stuartgranti maleri peacock once.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure which hap yet, but with Electric Yellows and Yellow Tail Acei, in a 75, could I keep a few males? Or would just the male/female thing work the best

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
If it's just labs and a couple Aceis, you shouldn't have a problem. -I've housed both together (before I switched solely to peacocks and haps) and the adult males retained their color.

·
Registered
291 Posts
My 75 G (video in sig) has 3 Yellow Tail Acei, 7 yellow labs (2 adult) and several (8 or so)peacocks and haps. The mbuna have not prevented the others from coloring up at all (with the possible exception of my sulphur head).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts