Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to I.D. the redish orange and blue male peacock to get some females for breeding. I'm working on separating my sulfur head for the same purpose. He has bred with an o.b. 3 times so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
Very colorful male, but he is not a natural fish and unless you know the breeding history, the fish cannot be ID exactly to get the same exact females. You would have to go to the breeder, if that is even possible, to get related females, and I assume you can't do that.

You can try some "Red Peacock" females, called names like "German Red", "Rubenscens", "Ruby Red" and many more made up names but these fish vary a lot and can be hybrids. You could try "Stuartgranti Maleri" females, and see what you get, that would be the closest pure fish. Maybe you can have shipped some females from somebody who claims to have a nice line of Red Peacocks, but some sellers will tell you anything to make a sale, so you have to be wary.

Now he will breed with any of the common Aulonocara females, he will not care much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.