Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
Doesn't seem very male looking, but Yellow Labs are extremely difficult to just look at one fish and tell.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Noki,

Thanks for your opinion. It is not looking female for me neither but the other days I've seen it doing the circle dance with another yellow lab female who actually laid some eggs.... unfortunately that female shallowed the eggs the very next day.... Maybe that female is too young/small or eggs were not fertilized!

What is curious is that I've always taught that this was a female... I have these 3 yellow labs since 2 years when they were very small.. this one was always the biggest one out of the 3 yellow labs and from time to time it was having those big jows like a holding female and not eating... now I don't know what to believe anymore... I have the 3rd yellow lab holding now and I am seeing the **** when mouth is open.... but I think the male might be a a peacock or a male lombardoi that I had to return a while back (2 weeks) to the LFS because it was way to agressive...

Thanks again.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yeah I am going with noki that you really can't tell (unless the fish is holding), but my first instinct would be female due to the rounded top fin and the complete lack of egg spots. Neither of those indicators are proof of what sex the fish is though, they just help to provide a guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts