Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Looks like a male from what I can see in that picture.

·
Registered
940 Posts
head sloped with no hump - female; narrow, well defined orange rim on the caudal - female; light bands on either side of the lateral spot - female; relatively short dorsal and anal fins - female; iridescence on the flanks not very apparent - female. It does look flat bellied like a male would be, but that could just be a sign that it needs better food.

It appears to be an extremely healthy and well colored female, which can sometimes be confused with a male. But 5 out of 6 indicators say female.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Wow... I was gonna call this one a female just with the lack of flank iridescence and that narrow caudal band. :oops:
-
That's why Mr. Chromedome is the pro on these tricky gender calls.
And sorry Rahurlk, that's tough luck. Figured you would have picked up a male by now! Why are you finding only female Green Terrors where you live?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you give any tips to pick up a male.There were 20+ green terror in store.It was biggest in size about 2.5 inch.also it was having longest dorsam fins thats why i picked him up
I live in India

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.