Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning for a 90 gallon American cichlid tank but want to know is it a male or female green terror.only 2.5 inch in size.
Tankmates:-
2 blood parrot(male and female)
1 golden severum
1 green severum
1 firemouth
1 albino pleco
2 convict
1 high fin catfish
And green terror if he is a male
Should i make pair of green terror and firemouth or they will be happy even single
Here are some images

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Too many fish!
Too small of an aquarium.
Don't stock to the size they are now (they're little babies!). Stock the tank to the size they are going to BE (Much Bigger!).
For the 4 foot long, 90 gallon sized aquarium - avoid pairs in any Cichlid species except the smaller growing Convicts.
-
As for the Green Terror? Hard to identify M/F with a fish that is 2.5 inches long. And, I wouldn't put another one in there with it anyway, unless you get a 6 foot long 150 - 180 gallon tank.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply.Then i will go with a larger tank.can you suggest some schooling fish which are compatible with these.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Hmmm.. well, 'schooling' is kind of a relative term, I guess. Even in REALLY big aquariums, a lot of the fish species that would work with your Cichlids won't exactly 'school' with each other. A loose group is about all that you can usually expect.
Recommendations?
- BIG Tetras! Buenos Aires Tetras are usually the easiest species to find. But really, any Tetra that will grow longer than 4 inches in adult length should work out pretty good.
- Silver Dollars. Kind of a fragile species actually. But, they have the benefit of being Very Fast. Silver Dollars will also exhibit probably the best 'schooling' behaviors.
- Giant Danios: These work because they can handle a good bit of Cichlid aggression. They tend to stay on the surface and will wander around just about everywhere in an aquarium. Interestingly, the more numbers of Giant Danios you stock with, the more they will tend to group together in an aquarium. In a six foot long tank, I would stock with a minimum number of 10 of these. 12 to 14 would probably be best. Be advised - the Giant Danio easily grows past 5 inches in adult length, and specimens over 6 inches long are not that uncommon! You'll need a 180 gallon sized aquarium to keep a large school of these things. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.