Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would a male honduran red point be as a "wet pet" in a 20 long?

There's driftwood in the tank, as well as a clay pot and a few cichlid stones and fake plants.

And how could I perhaps get his nuchal hump to grow?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
LOL, your in the same boat as me. The aggressive little guy won't allow tank mates I'm guessing?

I was keeping mine in a 10 gallon (temporary) and he behaved basically how you would expect. If I fed sporadically he hid when I approached, once I started feeding on a routine and worked around the tank more he begin to beg like most centrals will do.

Good luck,

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah he's intolerant of his siblings in the 20L and has basically killed the female that was in there.

I'm just curious if anyone else has experience with them singly?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I'm kinda bouncing this topic back and forth on here and MFK,

Moved the alpha male into the breeder box a week ago, since then the sub dom male has colored up and is chasing the smallest of the 3 around but normally leaving the middle (hopefully a female) alone. He will chase "her" a bit but not often and it's not a pair chase...

What do you all think? Pair forming?

I really want to keep the male in the box by himself, he has AWESOME streamers off his fins, and when he's colored up he's a beauty, here's a shot of him...

What would you do?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah.... I think unless I get a pair in the next few days, I'm going to take the 3 of them to my LFS and keep the big male

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone think that if I keep the male alone his colors will fade? or will he stay this colorful?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts