443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dielikemoviestars said:
Wow, those are some big boys! Gorgeous fish :drooling:

Is that rhamphochromis fully colored up? Or do they get some more?
He is around 7" so he isn't full grown yet. I believe they stay pretty much silverish-blue as I have not seen any that would make me to believe otherwise.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Great looking fish, how do you take your pictures so clearly? I have trouble getting steady clear shots. Fish fly all over the place and blur the shots.. I'm using a canon SX110 9.0mb, so decent camera.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cromak said:
Great looking fish, how do you take your pictures so clearly? I have trouble getting steady clear shots. Fish fly all over the place and blur the shots.. I'm using a canon SX110 9.0mb, so decent camera.
I use an older digital Nikon 5700. I use a flash on manual mode. You have to find the right exposure for the flash output because of the reflection on the aquarium glass. A dSLR would work the best but I have to make due with what I have. I have alot of experience in photography so that helps alot. Fish is one of the hardest to shoot because of the low lighting and fast subject matter. You just have to practice and shoot alot because you will only get a couple of good shots. Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts