Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of revamping my 125g 6' ft and creating a biotope set up.Tank has substrate of Argonite sand and filled with large rocks. I have Red Zebras estherae (5-6), Hajomaylandi Chizumulu (7-8), Maingano (7-8), elongatus Chewere (3m, 1f ) and multipunctatus (all adults) currently.

I know I probably shouldn't have so many Metriaclima together and would like to break it up by adding new fish. Any suggestion on tank design or stock list? I'm liking the Chindongo saulosi Taiwan Reef. By the way is Chindongo a relatively new classification?

Vicki

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
Adding a species does not help with the problem created by having too many Metriaclima species. If they get along I would just avoid saving fry and add females to existing groups, especially the elongatus. I like 25 mbuna in a 72" tank.

Chindongo is a new classification. I would skip the saulosi with the other blue barred fish in the tank (elongatus).

Tank design? For a biotope you might have sand on the bottom and fill the tank with rocks. Maybe not all large ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.