Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted several Mbuna stocklists on this website before and I'm kind of considering doing a hap. and peacock tank instead. I've got a 90 gallon aquarium.

I was thinking:

- C. borleyi or C. trewavasae
- Aulonocara species (whatever I can get my hands on)
- O. lithobates
- P. steveni
- P. electra (maybe)

Any suggestions as to how many of each species?

Also, does the amount of rockwork really matter in a tank with haps and peacocks?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Agree to one male each. Other suggestions:

Taiwan Reef (sorry, is that p. steveni?)
Albino Taiwan Reef
Red Empress
Copadichromis mloto (ivory head)

I love my lithobates!

I do have rock work in my peacock/hap tank. I just also have open areas as well. I've found the peacocks feel more comfortable with the rock just in case they want to scoot in, but generally don't. You also will need some synos. I have multipunctatus and they are fabulous. In a tank your size you could do 5-6.

If you can't find enough haps/peacocks that don't look alike, you can also always do a group of labs and/or p.acei . . .

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good ideas!

And what about stocking numbers if, say, I wanted breeding groups of several of the above fish?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Check out my sig for my suggestions on an all male, if you go that route. As for rockwork in my tank, mine is more like a rock garden; all the rocks are spread out with NO caves. I have 3 large(largest one like 12x3x5) rocks in seperate areas to add heighth to the tank. I also have just 2 plastic plants that match the color scheme. Everyone swims around peacefuly and freely with no real territories assigned. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts