Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will malwi and victorians cross breed? i have a feeling the answer will be yes but just curious. i have a group of 1 male 5 female haplichromis sp 35 tomato and a group of 1 male 8 female electric blue ahli together in a 90 galllon and i witnessed 2 of the sp 35 spawn then check a few hours later and seen a electric blue was holding. i will not be keeping the fry i actually hope my syno multies parisited the spawn but if the sp 35 was the other mate i know there is no possibility for this he was extremly agressive toward the cats so the sp 35 will be going into a different tank so just the electric blues and synos remain.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
Yes, but with so many females and the one male of each I would be surprised. Although fryeri are notorious crossbreeders with peacocks.

·
Registered
623 Posts
like DJ said theres a chance however i would consider that chance very slim due to your female count. maybe you should just see if they are pure bred

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any idea how to tell if the females are crossbred i was given two females from someone and there body is deeper than the others i figured i would cull these two since i dont want any possibility of a cross breed in my tank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts