Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some updated photos of my two tanks...

First is the 40 gal. long - a Lethrinops species tank. Current inhabitants are a Lethrinops sp. 'Green Chest' (the large male, wild caught); Lethrinops albus Kande (5 of them, the smallest in the tank); and Lethrinops sp. Nyassae Mbawa (3 of them, a bit bigger than the albus Kande).

And a quick shot of my 29 gal. South American planted. It's definitely still a work in progress as it has only been setup for approximately 2 weeks and I'm in no rush anyway.

The water is tea-stained via the driftwood and Keta-Peat nuggets to replicate natural conditions. Future inhabitants will most likely be GBRs and cardinal tetras.

Thanks for looking, all input appreciated.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I love the simplicity of that 40 gallon. It's so sleek, and the algae on those rocks look sick. Great work.

One thing that really bothers me is that heater though!

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
You've got some great looking fish there. I am assuming that you won't be raising fry though, which is a shame given you have some rather uncommon fish.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My LFS via a special order. Even the guys at the LFS (probably the best in the New England area) were intrigued by the Lethrinops and did some research on their own to find out more.

Thanks for all the comments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts