Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
40,602 Posts
Aggression similar and hybridization not a problem.

It comes down to do you like the bright blue or the pale blue?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DJRansome said:
Aggression similar and hybridization not a problem.

It comes down to do you like the bright blue or the pale blue?
I would think that there is a greater risk of cross breeding with the Socolofi.
I would prefer Maingano so long as there won't be too aggressive for my Red Zebra.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
40,602 Posts
No, socolofi is Pseudotropheus and red zebras are Metriaclima.

The socolofi were more aggressive than the red zebra IME but they were fine together.

I have also had maingano with Metriaclima msobo...fine together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DJRansome said:
No, socolofi is Pseudotropheus and red zebras are Metriaclima.

The socolofi were more aggressive than the red zebra IME but they were fine together.

I have also had maingano with Metriaclima msobo...fine together.
Thanks for the advice DJ [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,518 Posts
Maingano would be more of a contrast, if you can get some good ones, I would.

Red Zebras have natural light blue dominant males, the fish have been bred to be orange but I doubt they comprehend that, so maybe that might confuse the Red Zebras a little. Probably not a major problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
noki said:
Maingano would be more of a contrast, if you can get some good ones, I would.

Red Zebras have natural light blue dominant males, the fish have been bred to be orange but I doubt they comprehend that, so maybe that might confuse the Red Zebras a little. Probably not a major problem.
My colony of red zebra were purchased as "Red Red" and they are actually a peachy pink color.... go figure. The males have a blue sheen in their dorsal and tail fins.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top