Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a standard 55g with a Marineland Tidepool II wet / dry sump. A few weeks ago i added a Marinlenad Magnum 350, and set it up to "polish" the water because i could never get it "perfect."
Within a 2 hour period i could already see a noticable difference.

My question here is, is it bad to continuosly "polish" the water; I.E. Always leave the 350 setup for polishing? I know the manual says "for periodic water piolishing," but are there any downsides to leave it setup for polishing all of the time?

·
Registered
688 Posts
I use a Magnum 250 to polish the water, but the pleated filter clogs up within a week or maybe two at the most. I put the blue foam sleeves around the pleated filter and that extends the time before it clogs up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Get at least 2 more micron filters. Run one, while one is being cleaned, and one is drying out after cleaning. After bleaching, I find it better to rinse with the jet setting in the shower(winter) or outside with a garden hose and spray nozzle (summer). Then they are as good as new.

I just recently put two blue sleeves over the micron cartridge in my HOT mag. It seemed to fit better. I'm not sure how it's going to work out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts