1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Lookin good!! :eek:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Looks like you got a couple of N. fusco in there. Maybe you should update your fishlist so we can see what you got.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yeah, but things can happen. The problem with really elaborate rock work and what not is that there are tons of places for a dead fish to get stuck.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Would a dead fish in 450 gallons of water cause a big problem?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well...wouldn't be the first time I found a nothing but a spine in my tank!!! :)

Actually though if u look at my TANKS and see the description....almost all that rock is raised off the bottom with jets underneath to help keep things clean...should help a bit.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
nimboman said:
Would a dead fish in 450 gallons of water cause a big problem?
It may and it may not. I am just saying.

fishyfishyfishy said:
Well...wouldn't be the first time I found a nothing but a spine in my tank!!! :)

Actually though if u look at my TANKS and see the description....almost all that rock is raised off the bottom with jets underneath to help keep things clean...should help a bit.
Yeah, I saw that but the fact still stands that hopefully you never have to net a fish out of there. lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
Pretty sweeeet deal you got there...why not try some larger haps on for size in a tank that big though...like some nice fosso. rostratus or dolphins? Those two would make a nice combo! :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
I doubt that the fish he has in there (at their present size) would cause anything negative if they died. Now - when these fish get to their full size (the Fusco that was mentioned - for example) would cause a major problem...

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't see a decaying fish as being anything to be concerned over....especially not a major concern. I had a very large wrasse pretty much rot to nothing when this was salt. I found it weeks later after thinking it had been eaten by an eel. I never noticed any issues with the water or lost a fish as a result.

Anyway, I've got more than sufficient filtration, a huge UV and a detnitrifier to keep nitrates near zero. But more than that, I've got a very forgiving 400+ gallons of water.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts