Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I got no reason that I can think of for my fish loss but I have three yellow labs, 5 red top trewavasae and three Acei. PH levels are at about 7.8, ammonia at 0ppm, Nitrate at 0ppm. I come home last night and I have one dead Acei and I can't find one Acei. Only seeing one swimming around. Had the Acei for about 2 days now and I just can't figure what might have happened. Guess I am just bummed and felt like posting. Not sure there is anything I can really do but have the water tested by someone else to confirm my testing and then get another fish.

Anyone have experience with Acei?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I keep the white tail/Ngara variety and they're some of the least aggressive mbuna I know of. They get big and like to swim and sometimes the males can be hard on females when they're in the mood... I assume you got some juvies though.

Assuming they were healthy to start out, either one of the three picked off the other two or your Labeotropehus got 'em. How big is your tank?

·
Super Moderator
40,713 Posts
Your nitrate reading should be higher if your tank is cycled because a healthy bacteria colony produces nitrate.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Yeah tell us how long the tank has been set up. Did you cycle it? You could have seriously high nitrite levels that could kill your fish.

What idd the fish look like when you found it? Missing fins? Torn up? If no then its probably poor water conditions that killed your fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts