Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've decided to setup my old 55g to replace my 20g long and move my fish over to that..

Currently have 5 neon's, 6 bleeding hearts and 2 full grown bolivian rams.

I am thinking about getting rid of the neons and replacing them with 20 Cardinal Tetras, Adding 6 more bleeding hearts and keeping the 2 Bolivian Rams.

That would give me 20 Cardinals, 12 Bleeding hearts and a pair of Bolivians.

Whatelse do you guys think i can put here, maybe another tetra or maybe another dwarf cichlid species? or leave it :-? Looking for some ideas.

OLD TANK

NEW TANK

·
Registered
843 Posts
You could get some keyholes? They're fairly peaceful, and I like the look of them.

I wouldn't get anything too aggressive naturally.
Also, nothing too big to startle the rams.

You might consider keeping the Bolivians in the 20, and getting something new/bigger for the 55.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those keyholes look pretty cool, what other options do I have? I've tried looking for some different combos with some research but see so many different opinions.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I would look for some more Bolivian rams personally. I would want a group of 6. Bolivian rams are similar to many of thier larger geophagus cousins, they are a social cichlid and do much better in a group situation.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking that as well, i can get two more of these Wild Caught Rams, the guy has two left. I may pick them up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts