Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 12 demasoni in my 55g and im looking to ad 1 more species to the group. Leaning towards P.williamsi if i can find the yellow with the blue lips(their my fav)if not need another suggetion.Any help would be appreciated

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
Labs... They accent each other very well

·
Super Moderator
40,904 Posts
Other possibilities include red zebras (Metriclima estherae). Pseudotropheus socolofi. I don't know the temperament of the williamsi, if it would be good for demasoni.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya i dont really want to do labs or red zs I already have them in my 75g, looking for something alittle different.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've always found Peacock males to be good tank bosses with demasoni. I currently have a group of GR Peacocks with my demasoni and they work very well. It is very important to make sure the peacock male has some size on the demasoni though.

Labs are easily compatible with dems too, and the colors contrast well.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I really like the albino psedo socolofi. BEAUTIFUL fish!!! The pure white with slight blue highlights should go really well with your demasoni.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would think that mixing the peacocks with them would be a pain come feeding time cause they eat totally different food.

·
Registered
677 Posts
GaFishMan1181 said:
I really like the albino psedo socolofi. BEAUTIFUL fish!!! The pure white with slight blue highlights should go really well with your demasoni.
+1

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
jaymore1 said:
I would think that mixing the peacocks with them would be a pain come feeding time cause they eat totally different food.
Not so much, assuming you choose to feed good pellets and flake foods. Most will be good for most types of Africans.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought peacocks preferd meaty foods such as blooodworms and stuff like that.Is that not correct?Cause i really like the german red idea.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've always liked the Metriaclima Callainos "Pearl" or Albino Socolofi for a nice contrast.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I feed my tank Xtreme cichlid pellet/HBH spirulina flakes. Both my dems and peacocks prefer the pellets, but the dems will eat the flakes.

If you let your females spit in the tank like I do, your peacock will definitely pick some off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts