Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well gotta say this was one of the best $70 I spent in a while. I got an Aqueon 26g bow front tank, stand, top with a t5 single bulb strip light, brand new still in box Marinland Penguin 350, and an Aqeuon Pro 100 watt heater still in the package for $70 today. Seen it listed on CL so I thought I would call since I have been looking for a tank for "the kids room" (just an excuse to get another tank) but with no price listed on ad I was kinda skeptical since most people are asking about $499 for there 10g's around here. When she said $70 I almost spit out my coffee and was like YEAH I WILL TAKE IT!

Here is the tank, stand and top. The tank looks like brand new as well, and so does the stand.

Now just gotta figure out what I wanna put in it! :fish: :fish: :fish:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Do Lake Tanganyika. See the difference from Malawi.

G

·
lol *** gotten some sick deals on craigslist and then some not so sick ones... i gota 75 gallon with tank stand lights ac 110 2 heaters decorations.. for $80 cuz the stand the bottom piece of "wood" was rotted so i banged it out cut a new one and put it in and jus sprayed some mold killer on it... lol that cute lil tank is what it would look like if my tanks had babies hahahaha

·
Registered
625 Posts
Flippercon said:
+1. This would make a nice shelldweller tank. I'm toying with the same idea with my 40 Long.

Wicked deal, hopefully in the next few days I'll be picking up a 55 with whisper 60 and whisper 30, heater, air pump, powerhead for $20. All because it was used for salt water and has some bad calcium deposits... Time to go buy lots of vinegar and razor blades! Isn't craigslist awesome?

You might be getting that PM sooner than later! :wink:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Flippercon said:
Way ahead of you! :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Definitely a sweet deal! I'm still cycling a 125 gal, still no fish, and I'm shopping for smaller tanks. LOL I think this hobby is absolutely addictive. But, well worth it. Good luck on the new tank, and post some pics when you can! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
This is definitley the time to shop for tanks. Many people move at this time and don't plan very far ahead. They wind up the week of the move trying to sell a tank. Makes for better prices.

G

·
PfunMo said:
This is definitley the time to shop for tanks. Many people move at this time and don't plan very far ahead. They wind up the week of the move trying to sell a tank. Makes for better prices.
i also look for the person thats posted their tank at some high price and then a week later they post it a bit cheaper then a week later cheaper.. people cant give away tanks on craigslist soetimes.. alot of people way overpaid for their tanks and then think that they have alot more value than they actually do.. i dont care if you paid 3000 for it.. u got ripped off lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
m1ke715m said:
PfunMo said:
i also look for the person thats posted their tank at some high price and then a week later they post it a bit cheaper then a week later cheaper.. people cant give away tanks on craigslist soetimes.. alot of people way overpaid for their tanks and then think that they have alot more value than they actually do.. i dont care if you paid 3000 for it.. u got ripped off lol
I couldnt agree with you more. I could buy a brand new tank with a stand for what people ask for their used ones. Goes the same for cars. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.